Old
08-18-2011, 03:38 PM
ThirdManIn
Aspiring Sinecure

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Like I said, it takes creativity. I am not going to build a hypothetical trade scenario just for kicks. I would like to point out that nothing precludes poile from acquiring an offensive forward prospect that meets said criteria. Heck, it looked like a deal was pending for Ellis on the 9th overall pick which would have been Courtier. So to say the preds could not offer a first, third, and top forward is on the face true. But in reality, quite plausible. Again, I'm not in criticism mode. However, I am trying to point out the capabilities we have as an organization.
Not to nit pick, but the likely reason that trade didn't happen is because Couturier was picked at 8th. It looks like Poile was eyeing him, but when Philly drafted him with the Columbus pick he backed out. Dougie Hamilton went 9th. Also, the Preds could not have offered a first, a third, and a top prospect unless we offered our 2012 first, as our 2011 first had been dealt for Mike Fisher. If you're saying it's plausible that we have the pieces to match the value of the #8, a third, and Vorachek then I can agree. If you're saying it's plausible we could have offered a first, a third, and a top prospect I do not. Even if we could have the difference between adding a top prospect from our system (defenseman) and getting a top prospect that fits team needs (Schenn) is drastic.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote