Thread: Line Combos: What would your final moves be?
View Single Post
Old
08-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I don't think anyone is saying that he's some crucial key to winning the cup, would be a nice pick up, though.
Yeah, 4th line depth isn't crucial or anything, but still would be nice. He's more aggressive than Moen. Not as smart on the ice perhaps, so not as useful in some situations or special teams perhaps, but as 4th line depth with some size and bite, I think he'd be a good fit.

Why isn't he signed already? Haven't the foggiest. I guess even if he wanted a Moen-like contract at one point, he would have come to the realization by now that that wasn't coming and would have had ample time to settle for whatever was best on the table. So it's a good mystery. I'd offer him $800k/1yr. Pending insight into the "mystery".

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingRat View Post
Cory Stillman would be nice.
If management ever did decide they were going to trade AK, and couldn't get a player in a similar-ish role back, then signing Stillman for 1-year to try to fill the gap might be a good idea. A lot of ways in which he's not an ideal pickup, but if you needed 15-ish goals to try to plug a gap from the loss of AK, and got some other pieces back in dealing AK which were valuable but didn't immediately help fill the void, then Stillman could be worth checking out.

That said, I don't advocate trading AK or making this downgrade in general. Just saying *if* management was going to go that route...

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote