View Single Post
Old
08-18-2011, 04:53 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Like I said, it takes creativity. I am not going to build a hypothetical trade scenario just for kicks. I would like to point out that nothing precludes poile from acquiring an offensive forward prospect that meets said criteria. Heck, it looked like a deal was pending for Ellis on the 9th overall pick which would have been Courtier. So to say the preds could not offer a first, third, and top forward is on the face true. But in reality, quite plausible. Again, I'm not in criticism mode. However, I am trying to point out the capabilities we have as an organization.
Creativity only goes so far. If the other team is looking for a certain return ... say a top 6 winger and potential top center ... and we don't have those pieces to move we won't get the player.

We have the capability to make trades with teams looking for DEFENSIVE prospects. We can probably make deals with teams looking for a goalie prospect. Where we lack is in offensive, especially near term potential top six, prospects. Schenn was better than anyone we had in Milwaukee to deal. They needed pieces to fit the triangular hole and we only had the big rectangle blocks .... it doesn't fit no matter how hard you shove.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote