Thread: Standings West
View Single Post
Old
08-18-2011, 10:50 PM
AvsFan7*

vCash: 500
Basically anything can happen if certain players get injured, assuming EVERY Player thats a Question mark Health wise right now end up Healthy, and all teams are playing at 100% for most of the season, this is how I rank them:

1. San Jose
2. Vancouver
3. Detroit
4. LA Kings
5. St Louis*
6. Anaheim*
7. Colorado*
8. Chicago
9. Nashville
10. Columbus
11. Minnesota
12. Calgary
13. Edmonton
14. Dallas
15. Phoenix

*- Teams with a * next to them are the Biggest Question Marks in the top 8 IMO, like I said earlier if all teams are 100% I think these are the best teams.

St Louis had alot of injuries last year and if they start off with injuries again, they can go from IMO a top 2 team in the Central, to a 11-13 rank team!

Anaheim's biggest Question Mark is Hiller, if he plays they will make playoffs and be a good team that can do damage in the playoffs, if Hiller cant play, they could find themselves on the outside looking in come Mid April in 9th Place!

The Biggest question mark filled team of all and my favorite team has to be the Avalanche, last year at January they were a top 5 team in the West, then they lost Fleishmann to a Freak Injury, Quincey to Shoulder Injury, Stewart to the Broken hand and eventual trading, Stastny wasnt playing at 100% for a week or two, Galliardi injured his wrist for a seccond time, and Foresbergs comeback failed! All of a sudden we had guys like Kevin Porter and Brandon Yip playing top 6 Minutes. We Had absolutely TERRIBLE Goaltending in Elliot and Budaj! This year we should have 5 x better Goaltending in Varly and Giguere, who if Healthy will both be very good Goalies likely with .915 Sv% or better, our Goalies Sv% last year was .895. Defensively we've basically replaced Foote with Jan Hejda, a Good Shut Down Dman kinda like Foote in his day, we have a Healthy Quincey back, Ryan Obyrne can now play bottom pairing minutes, and therefore be even more effective, Shane Obrien can play bottom 6 well to, and another big ? is how well Elliot or Barrie can play to replace Liles, our D will also be alot better then last year! Then we also add Landeskog, Mueller, and Kobasew to our offense, and only losing Fleishmann! All positions for the Avs improved, as long as they stay healthy, we should be a playoff contender! Even if Only Varly stays healthy we wont be in the basement this year probably around 9-12, but if all healthy I see 6-9!!

For anyone that reads the wall of Post, what do you think!!!!

AvsFan7* is offline   Reply With Quote