View Single Post
Old
08-18-2011, 11:09 PM
Libbs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
The territorial right applies only when a team owns his rights. If a team does own his rights, why can't we know which team?

If he did go through waivers without any other OHL team claiming him, he should be a free agent. Blocking him from becoming a free agent when no one has claimed him is just cheap politics. It's not like Roy broke any rule. He just wants know who claimed him. If he's blocked in the OHL without any team owning his rights, Branch is acting against the rules, not Roy.

Yea im not sure either why this 'mystery team' hasn't come forward.

Quite simple... there's no mystery team. That's a lie. I would bet my car on it.
Me thinks you're missing the point.

This system is meant for those players that go unwanted in their territorial league that might get a 2nd chance in another league. This system isn't meant for top players to dictate which league they want to play in. Peca is playing the "I'm playing NCAA" card. There's 20 teams in the OHL and each one would love his services. It wasn't as if no OHL were interested in his services. Windsor would have loved to sign him.

Just look at how much effort Roy has put in to try and get Peca... the system is designed to work seamlessly (and it has in the past). All the strings that had to be pulled is a great indication of trying to use a system in a manner in which it wasn't designed to be used.

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote