View Single Post
Old
08-19-2011, 08:01 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

vCash: 500
I am still not upset at THN. Their rationale, while not set in stone, is sound.

I mean, to say that a lot of our young guys, like Calvert will take a step back is not a stretch. Happens all the time, and we have seen it here. Doesn't mean it will happen, but it is not without precedent. To put little faith in our goal-tending is wrong, how? And to continue to view our D as unimproved is an easy call as well. And we know better than anyone that at this point in time, our bottom six is very much a question mark.

Don't get me wrong, I think that if the stars properly align that we can be a play-off team, and maybe even a good one. But we do need a lot of good things to happen. We will win more games by virtue of a vastly improved top 6, and power play, but will that be enough?

The way I see it, to make the play-offs we need:

Brass and Vermy to have big years.
Mason to get his **** together, and Dex needs to be the guy Howson believes him to be.
Young D men from the A to take the next step, and guys like Methot, and Clitsome to be consistently good.
Injuries held to a minimum.
Wiz to play at his pay level.
Someone, anyone, like Johansen, Calvert, Mayorov, Atkinson, Kubalik, to really bust out and with either Vermy, or Brass give us a third line that is truly a scoring threat.
Boll, Dorse, and DMac create havoc on the 4th line and chip in a few goals.
The fans to step up and fill the Nat, and make it a tough place for visiting teams to play.
Prospal to have enough left in the tank for another good year.

That is a lot of "needs" my friends.

But, all of that can happen, and some of it should happen, and some of it will happen. It is just the right timing for some of it.

Don't flame me, folks. As a season ticket holder from day 1, I want to see this team make the play-offs so badly that it hurts, but after the last 10 years, I am still cautious about our prospects to get there.

Go Jackets!

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote