Old
08-19-2011, 11:36 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
How the hell do you know how he used it? For all you know he spent 8 hours a day trying to get himself back into the shape he needed to be. You're really grasping onto assumption after assumption.

The FACT of the matter here is that the Rangers had to make the decision of buying him out or keeping him on the roster and hoping he'd retire. They went with the sure thing. Drury's not at fault for wanting to explore other options before he made a definite decision. It's the guys career, I don't care if he and everyone else were 95% sure retirement was what was going to happen. The Rangers and their fans have no right to get upset about it, because at the end of the Sather was the one that handed out that contract, not just all the money, but a full no movement clause, arguably worse than the cap hit.

We could all be so lucky to have a career where we don't count the days to retirement but dread the idea of it.
The only way he would have been playing was if his knee magically healed itself. You keep missing that point.

He was in fine shape. Conditioning was never part of Drury's problem. His problem was his knee. Something that was known about well before the buyout ever happened. Drury knew he was done. End of story.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote