View Single Post
Old
08-19-2011, 11:42 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

vCash: 500
Some things from Capsland that you may find interesting re: Semin:

1) He hates being in the spotlight. Sometimes I wonder if this could have anything to do with his inconsistency.

2) His value tradewise is about as low as it can get right now. However, his value as a player has only risen if anything. That makes him a player that a smart GM would not be looking to trade, when even if he's not in the team's future plans, his cap hit comes off the books at the end of the season.

3) The Caps without Semin have no secondary scoring. A forward capable of creating offense on the second line would have to come back (or, as I would like, a defenseman to replace Green so he can be Shanahaned). More likely than not it would need to be a winger, so it would largely be a lateral move for both teams.

4) Semin does not like long contracts. This could either hamper or benefit the Predators, depending on where you see him long-term.

Just some thoughts that may or may not add to the discussion. I'll also add that I think Brenden Morrow might be someone worth pursuing. He's definitely on my list for the Caps and I think he would fit in quite well on the Predators.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote