Thread: Standings West
View Single Post
Old
08-19-2011, 10:19 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
I don't have a ranking of the West, but here's the options for a poll I had planned that (if you can get through the snark) more or less sums up where I think the realistic possibilities are for the Jackets...
Where will the Jackets be ranked by THN, and what will their reasoning be?
  • 1st - This might be a good time to let y'all know that we've been purchased by the Dispatch Printing Company.
  • 2nd - Ryan Johansen's going to win the Calder and the Art Ross. You heard it here first!
  • 3rd - Did you know that James Wisniewski is actually a #1 defenseman? No? Really?
  • 4th - We're on the Believe Train and we ain't gettin' off!
  • 5th - Nash and Carter compete for the Rocket Richard, Wizniewski scores 50 points, and Mason wins the Vezina.
  • 6th - There's a few question marks but the new talent level is indisputable.
  • 7th - Nice moves, but the Jackets aren't the only team that stepped up in the offseason, y'know.
  • 8th - Y'know, the Jackets are in a really tough division... it's not going to be easy...
  • 9th - A few too many question marks, and a few other teams whose chances we like more.
  • 10th - As above; we just wanted to give a shoutout to someone else first.
  • 11th - Can't bring ourselves to actually put COLUMBUS in the playoffs, but can't bring ourselves to pretend they did nothing.
  • 12th - We got this far ranking teams before we realized we'd managed to forget Columbus entirely and so just sort of inserted them here.
  • 13th - Oh, yeah, those are the guys that never win.
  • 14th - Columbus has an NHL team?
  • 15th - "Ohhhh Canada, our home and native land..."

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote