View Single Post
Old
08-20-2011, 09:03 AM
Island Husky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STUTOMMIES View Post
I'm not sure how this works because UNB has had 5th year players from Dalhousie that offer a MBA program. Yet, Kevin?? Delaney, who played for SMU for 4 years, had to redshirt a year before he was eligible to play for Acadia. He was taking Education. Maybe AUS Fan knows something about that situation?

It is my understanding that Devan Praught, who just graduated from STU, is taking Education at UPEI this fall. It is a 2 year program on the Island and he has to sit out this year but next year he intends on playing for the Panthers.
The rule used to be you had to play your fifth where you played your fourth, Eirann Rigby ( after whom the rule is now named) challenged it to a Human Rights Tribunal I thought, when she ended it up in PEI at Vet College and wanted to continue playing basketball. Thus it was changed to allow fifth year transfers so long as your former school did not offer the program the new school did.
Yeah "Keith " Delaney, took Education at Acadia which is not offered at SMU. Since STU does offer Education, DP has to use one of his years to wait. I don't understand that either a few years ago that Jimmy guy from Dal who took an MBA at UNB? or did he wait a year? because Dal has an MBA program. Dave MacDonald this year, is in Liesure Studies, not offered at SMU, after which he hopes to get into law school. Everybody seems to have a few programs to offer, but clearly the largest have the most advantages.

Island Husky is offline   Reply With Quote