View Single Post
Old
08-20-2011, 01:26 PM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
I honestly think the Devs would rather let Parise go to UFA and get nothing for him, than trade him to us before he becomes a UFA and get something. The last thing they want to do is give him to us and let us negotiate an extension and it would also help us immediately this year. The Devs don't want that. They want a bidding war on Parise and are hoping he'll not end up a Ranger and especially hoping he ends up in the West. If we want Parise, we will have to wait until July 1st and win him
This is probably true, so again, why I specified as to "value of".
I think they will take their chances, and if not injured, a reasonably big concern which they can only safeguard against by trading him early, not at the deadline, they will try to move Parise to another team.

But unless there are a lot of bidders with a lot of assets which they can afford to part with, I don't see overpayment for Parise.

The Hawks, for example supposedly have lots of depth at D.
They won't trade a guy like Seabrook, but they might trade 3 or even 4 top D prospects --- because that is where their depth is --- to get a Parise.

Not quibbling about the balance of it, what would you rather have, Girardi + Boyle or the 4 prospects?

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote