Old
08-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
Again... Who scores for Nashville? If that isn't THE most anemic offense in the NHL it will certainly be one of them. I know the defense is very good and Rinne has been stellar which gives them a big push for stability and playoff consistency but the are in the hunt, not a team that you can count on making the playoffs.

2-1 losses are going to be the norm for Nashville. I just don't see them sustaining any offensive pressure or puck possession to keep enough pressure off their own team. As good as they are from their blueline back, I just can't see them as a playoff team.

Wishful thinking on my part maybe....
Erat, Kostitsyn, Hornqvist, Legwand, and Fisher are all likely good for 40 points or more - Erat and Kostitsyn both were at or above 50 last year. Wilson is one of those Breakout Season Any Day Now types. And they've got Bergfors as a reclamation project.

Nashville's offense is kind of like our defense - there's plenty of solid guys who would be in any team's top two lineups, but no actual leaders that you'd count on to carry the #1.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote