View Single Post
Old
08-20-2011, 08:03 PM
Shootmaster_44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLjunior View Post
This is a joke, the Saint John Seadogs and the Dubuque Fighting saints should be there, I can see why the seadogs wouldn't be aloud ( foreign players) but the Fighting saints should be allowed and the Vernon Vipers should be there.

Is TSN broadcasting this ?
Actually, Saint John isn't there because the CHL is not governed by Hockey Canada. Since Hockey Canada was selecting a team obviously they would send a team from their top level league, the CJHL. How they arrived at Fort Mac is another story.

I'm guessing that USA Hockey put feelers out to their junior leagues and the only interest they had was from the EJHL. I'm guessing since the EJHL is Tier III, they will likely get killed by the European teams.

I hope this is televised by someone. I'm not sure that this is an official IIHF event, so I doubt whether TSN is being forced to show it like other Hockey Canada events. I know that the only reason they show any other Hockey Canada events, aside from the World Juniors and World Championships, is that Hockey Canada forced them to do so if they wanted the rights.

I could see Sportsnet showing this had they not fired the voice of the CHL, Peter Loubardias. But since they haven't named a replacement for him, I don't see this being shown either. At any rate, for a tournament like this, I don't see any channel sending crews over for it. So unless this is shown in Europe on a network, it won't be carried in Canada. The best we could hope for is that it is shown in Europe and is called from a studio in Toronto.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote