View Single Post
Old
08-20-2011, 09:29 PM
hotpaws

vCash: 1111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Blue and White View Post
And at this moment in time I agree with you. All I can say is this, player's values rise and fall all the time. Good general managers realize when a player's stock is high, and sell, and buy low, which is true in any sport. So far AA seems to have done the better job, but who knows right? Aaron Hill 2 years ago was widely considered one of the best 2nd basemen in the AL, not many would say that now (well offensively anyways). Who knows? Joe Colborne could be a star; Brett Lawrie could be a bust (highly unlikely in my mind of course), but the great thing about sports in general is you really never know what'll happen, things are fluid and they change really quickly. I'm excited for the future of both teams, so who's "ahead" at this point is irrelevant to me, as long as they both reach the end goal.
As a fan i can only go by what the players project to be when i'm looking at the team and it's prospects . This however doesn't limit there upside as you said and i agree with that . Gunner was no where on most fans radar when he made the team and Oreskovic was i player some fans thought would pan out for us . This however holds true for every team in the league so thats why i won't include this line of thinking when i'm projecting our upside at the moment .Come Jan we maybe singing the praises Frattin and Caputi and the team may look a whole heck of alot better than today .We're due for some breaks , so here's hoping .

The reason i like AAs aproach is that he seems to really understand what he needs to do to compete with 2 huge spenders like NY and Bos . We'll never be able to outspend them but if can overload the pipeline with high end prospects we may be able to compete with them .T-Bay used this game plan with success and we'll have more to spend than they do .

hotpaws is offline   Reply With Quote