View Single Post
Old
10-23-2003, 10:18 AM
Neil Young Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Gotta agree with mcphee (hey that rhymes) SJ has no interest in moving Marleau unless we make them an offer they can't resist. Imo, it would take something like:

-Hainsey or Komisarek
-Hossa or Perezhogin
-1st or 2nd rounder

I agree though, I would LOVE to see Marleau in Montreal.
You know, call me crazy, but if I was the GM I'd be tempted to do something along those lines if that what SJ asked for. I know, I know, those are some of the brightest prospects (particularly the two D-men), but Marleau is both young and proven. If SJ would do it, I would agree to Hainsey/Perezhogin/2nd Round in a flash. Hainsey is looking better and better, so he would be missed, but the Habs are deep at D. Perezhogin is a question mark, but he's small and from what I've heard, he seems disinterested at times. A 2nd Rounder is not something to be given away on a whim, but again Marleau=pretty much a sure thing. Basically, with these suggestions in mind, my best case scenario, as an imaginary Habs GM would be:
Hainsey, Perez, 2nd
The worse case would be:
Hainsey or Komisarek, Hossa, 1st

I'm still not sure if SJ would do it...Marleau to them is probably like Koivu to the Habs. I just can't get the idea that the Habs need a big centre who can score and keep pace with his wingers out of my head. I'm not sure Kilger can do that, once he gets back. On that topic, what do people think will happen when he comes back---will he get to play centre, as was announced before he was injured (and before Begin was picked up)? There's been lots of talk about centre shuffling with Koivu's return, but I haven't seen any mention of Kilger in the middle.