Thread: Proposal: Semin coming over ....
View Single Post
Old
08-21-2011, 04:03 PM
haveandare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
3 1st rounders for Semin, hell ****ing no. 8 first rounders for Bobby Ryan, hell ****ing yes
Agreed. The point is you shouldn't trade firsts, especially multiple firsts, for players that are not both elite and complete players. Elite in the sense that they are among the very best at an aspect of the game (which Semin is - scoring) and complete in the sense that they don't have a glaring weakness, in other words that they can play both sides of the puck well and have passion or heart. Semin is an elite goal scorer but is very inconsistent and plays with very little heart. To me, he is not "complete" whereas a player like Ryan absolutely is. 8 firsts might be a bit much but I'd honestly think about 2 or 3 - he is the archetypal player that this team needs. An elite winger who plays rough, passionate hockey and has a great scoring touch.

I don't want Semin on this team period. I don't care what the deal is for. Bradley was frustrated enough to mention him by name as someone who has all the skill in the world but "doesn't care" - do we think guys like Torts, Callahan, Staal, Dubi etc. are going to think any differently of him? I don't.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote