View Single Post
Old
08-22-2011, 10:39 AM
alkurtz

vCash: 500
This is unbelievable: he broke his finger at the start of the season, he broke it again when he came back, he hurt his knee when he returned. He was never healthy or at 100%. He willed himself back for the last game of the year, playing when shouldn't have and possibly doing more damage to his knee. He scored the goal that put us into the playoffs. Though he should not have dressed for any playoff games (his play deteriorated for sure during the series), he felt it was his responsibility to play. I call that guts, I call that will, I call that f.....ing leadership. I call that a guy that teammates would willingly follow into battle. Don't any of you read what teammates said about him? He was like an old, scarred, beat up gladiator faced with almost certain death knowingly and willingly sacrificing his body for his team. When he returned for that final game we saw the real and true Drury in his last hurrah. A ghost of himself, no longer able to do what he once could who wanted to be with his teammates as they faced hockey death and elimination. Yes, his tenure here was a disappointment, much not of his own making. In that penultimate game of the season, Drury showed what it meant to be True Blue.

alkurtz is offline   Reply With Quote