View Single Post
Old
08-22-2011, 12:43 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
I'm estimating realistically 3-5 years maximum (again, barring injury) for transition and development. It also depends a lot on who his linemates are. In the same way it helped Ruth to have Gehrig batting cleanup so they were limited in pitching around him, the more awesome the rest of the line, the more it spreads out the defense and helps the whole line. I assume that they will make every effort to complement Kreider with the best forwards possible. (I think to even further maximize that speed, they will consider him at C, so his linemates in such case would be wingers.)

Best case scenario is he will have done this by no later than 24ish, provides him with upwards of 10 years to make this mark.

I believe that at sometime during those 10 years he will do something like 35G + 55A .

So yeah, I see it's reasonably possible.
How do you see Kreider getting 55 A when he has proven time and time again he is primarily a goal scorer? If he gets 35 G ever, let alone any 55 assists, I'll be incredibly happy. His hockey IQ is lacking. We should be hoping really really hard that he'll become a more defensively responsible Kessel.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote