View Single Post
Old
08-22-2011, 01:34 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
not sure what to think about this trade. Other than he will most likely play in Hamilton. Can't see him playing as an overager as others have said.
I can help you there, don't think about it since it's a meaningless move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchedNerve View Post
From what I saw of him last year, another year in the Q won't hurt.
Don't see why they would send him back to the Q, he led his team in scoring (ppg average) while dealing with injuries, time for him to move up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock76 View Post
Any word on the progression of his shoulder, is he projected to start the year? The last I heard was that he was to miss the start of the season.
He has been on the ice, last I heard he is doing well with his recovery and could be ready for the start of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrypacman8167 View Post
i think it would be a good thing (though not likely) if he goes back to the Q, the kid is far from strong enough ("6,0"-185lbs) to play against men and played the 2010/2011 season with a bad shoulder, having a free pass for the mem.cup on a strong team is never a bad thing either.
He looks like he needs to add weight and strength but somehow he goes in corners against bigger players yet often seems to come away with the puck. In the NCAA where he was playing against kids much older and bigger it didn't seem to give him any problems. I'm not sure playing in the Q as a 20 year old against 16-20 year olds would be a good thing, imo I'd much rather see him more challenged going up against bigger, older, faster, stronger players in the AHL then being back in the Q.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote