Thread: Proposal: Semin coming over ....
View Single Post
Old
08-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy3413 View Post
I'm not defending Semin, I think he's a cancer, but I've been wanting to say this for a while, and I think this is the right thread to say it in.

I think some guys on here are pushing their luck a bit regarding forwards playing defensively, don't we have enough guys who are good on both sides of the puck? You can't expect EVERY player to be Ryan Callahan defensively, some of you seem to want a whole team of those players but it's just not possible, scorers are there to score, even Torts knows that. Players gifted with elite offensive AND defensive talent are very few and far between, see Datstyuk, Pavel
I think that's a very fair point. However, I feel like Semin isn't the best example to support it. I don't mean to imply that that's what you were doing, but I wanted to qualify my response. You can look the other way when a guy is a defensive liability but is still putting up 40 goals. However, in this case, it's about attitude and his actions on the ice -- i.e. the lazy penalties, poor decision making, and general lack of intensity on many nights.

Going back to my earlier point about being friends with AO, I sometimes wonder what Semin would do on another team where he could be "the guy." Would he excel or would he fold? You never know what you might get with a guy like him; For better or for worse.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote