View Single Post
Old
08-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Jakomyte

vCash: 500
Heading into next year after acquiring Cole gives me a bit more optimism that the Habs can take another step forward in terms of their offensive consistency.

I remember during the dark years of the late 90s/early 2000s when it seemed like the Habs only really had one scoring line, which was Koivu's line. The difference between those teams, and Habs teams that have been sneaking into the playoffs since the early-mid 2000s has been consistently having a second scoring line, which in my mind started in 2003-2004 when Ribeiro/Ryder broke out and provided a second line after Koivu-Zednik.

Going into next season, I feel the Habs are really starting to build towards that skilled forward depth that teams like Philly and Chicago have that have made them so successful recently. I see us as potentially having 9 forwards that could play in the top 6 (Cammalleri, Plekanec, Cole, Pacioretty, Gomez, Gionta, Kostitsyn, Eller, Desharnais). I'm excited to see whether this roster can provide the team with a bit more scoring to add on top of solid D and great goaltending.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote