Thread: Proposal: Semin coming over ....
View Single Post
Old
08-22-2011, 05:24 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
And there's no problem with having a complimentary talent who can score 60-80 points in any given season with immense offensive talent, who's also shown he can score at a PPG clip in the playoffs.

I guess i'm looking at Semin as a complimentary player while others don't. But as a complimentary player he'd be great. Wojtek Wolski turned up to 11.

I'm not saying the criticisms aren't valid, they absolutely are. Semin is not a guy I build a team around. However, if you take this roster and replace W2 with him on the second line LW spot, you don't think the team gets a much bigger infusion of talent and chance to win on any given night?
But the problem is that he's often injured, and will soak up a lot of cap space... Gaborik is similar to Semin in a lot of ways, there would just be no room for 2 players of the same mold on this roster... Well you could make room but it wouldn't be wise. You saw what the Bruins did to the Canucks to mitigate their high end talent.... Do you think players like Semin & Gaborik would fare well against a physical team that tries to punish them every chance they get?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote