View Single Post
Old
08-22-2011, 06:32 PM
fortheloveof666
Resident soothsayer

vCash: 500
If on the block means Lou fielded potential offers for him, then sure. Why wouldn't he? And Lou is pretty clear when he says he will listen to anything anyone has to say, that's business.

He may have contemplated unloading him because it's fairly obvious we were trying to shed salary as much as possible and between the three Zubrus probably had more trade potential because, in spite of contrary beliefs, that contract really isn't that bad. The real issue is what people equate to salary numbers.

I also don't think Zajac had anything to do with it unless a valuable - and sizable - center was coming back in return but perhaps at a smaller salary (which, who the **** was that honestly going to be anyway?).

Either way, glad he's still here and frankly, I hope he continues to be for years to come. I like his character and think that translates into positive things that may be intangible. For a team whose been plagued by malignancies as we have over the years, I think letting him go would be foolish on that principle alone.

I don't have to name names, they're not here anymore for a reason.

fortheloveof666 is offline   Reply With Quote