View Single Post
Old
08-22-2011, 10:05 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Fair point. I concede the majority of your statements. I think Carter was available for a reasonable sort of time. At least, rumors would indicate that he was semi-available for part of the regular season and definitely available once the off-season began. Richards - no idea. Regardless, I think your viewpoint is more than fair. And again, I'm not saying that it is an easy set of circumstances. I am merely saying that their is the potential to overcome obstacles, but it would require a very active and creative GM. Paul Holmgren is a major example of a pro-active GM that gets what he wants (even if some fans would argue at cost to the team).

I guess my point is merely that at some point, regardless of the circumstances, Poile has to get something done, or he will be judged accordingly - fair or unfair.
Of course Poile will do something. The truth is he always does.(Fisher, Goc, Kostitsyn, Obrien, and thats just in the last 2 years)What everyone needs to accept is that it may not be a big name player we would all love to see. Those types of deals are REALLY rare.

My prediction is poile adds a decent scoring asset(ie an RFA or a player under contract for more than the currrent year) either before the season or as soon as feasible, and then at the deadline he will make a play for a high profile rental player, like Parise.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote