View Single Post
Old
08-23-2011, 12:23 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
you really want to dump Perrault for a D prospect, dont you? Didn't you try and do the same thing for the Flyers best d prospect too?

Perrauly is so "meh" to me....if we can get a good youngish D prospect for him, then ok. But we arent exactly flush with NHL ready centre's either, so maybe we need him for spot duty.
I just think a quality prospect, especially at an area of need, would have more value to the organization than Perreault at this point. Especially given that if he doesn't crack the roster out of camp, he'll be exposed to waivers.

New Jersey has a lot of organizational depth at D, and Urbom is their #3 D prospect behind Larsson and Merrill. We don't really have many stay-at-home D prospects with NHL potential in our system. Wey is basically the only one at this point, possibly Koudys depending on his development (but he's a long way off and very well could end up being more of a puck mover). Urbom would provide a healthy boost to our prospect depth in that department and give us another option as an injury call-up. Would rather call up Urbom than Collins if we need a healthy, defensive LD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
I am worried that he could turn into another Andrew Brunette/Johnny Oduya/Sami Lepisto type player. We dump him for nothing, he catches on an becomes a decent NHL regular somewhere.

Eh....
Entirely possible, but it's becoming clear that he's probably not going to blossom here. We got only a bit more than nothing right now, might as well have a chance at something with a different prospect. And equal (or better) odds that he could end up like Chris Bourque or Oskar Osala.

Also, Lepisto seems to be fading out of the league. Playing mostly as a 6/7 on teams now. Maybe he becomes a career 6/7 journeyman, or maybe he hops the ocean at some point. Still better value than the 5th we got for him, but I'm not crying over losing him. Not really any worse than Brian Sutherby.