Thread: Player Discussion: Shea Weber
View Single Post
08-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Global Moderator
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I'm not arguing that we're "worse than last year," and I disagree with those that say we are.

But...I'm not as happy with "as good" or "a little better" than last year, a year that was, in terms of results...not good enough.

That's not even accounting for teams that finished around or below us that have improved, in some cases significantly. We scraped into the playoffs in terms of points. We could easily have finished 9th or 10th as we did fifth. This season looks to be the same outlook. I think that with the uncertainty surrounding not only Weber, but Suter and Rinne, the window isn't going to be open forever. If you're banking your best opportunity on Bergfors somehow getting it back together...that might not be the best way to seize an opportunity.
I agree completely, and I'm displeased with the lack of tangible improvement to the roster just like pretty much everyone. The West is such a cluster**** that anything is possible. I do think (read: hope) that having Weber, Suter, and Rinne give us the edge in a close conference. You're right, though. Another move has to be made. All signs point to it.

After I posted that I began looking at it in a different light. I actually do think now that it's more likely we finish 10th than 5th. I think it's more likely we finish in the top 8 than in the bottom 7, though.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote