Habs management doesn't get it...(umpteenth toughness thread)
View Single Post
08-23-2011, 01:30 PM
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Originally Posted by
What a load of crap. Ever since Maxpac gave Chara a friendly little shove, Chara was going to do something stupid. If Moen or White ran Chara a few more times in between the two events do you really think that would have changed Chara's decision making process leading up to the stanchion?
Fighters are absolutely no deterrent to cheap shots. None whatsoever. If they were, then why do so many Bruins end up with concussions?
I was going to bring this up but knew someone else would. Agree 100% it's very much speculation based on very little if anything. Pretty sure a 1st year psych student could even tell you this wouldn't change a thing.
Chara isn't a robot programmed to go after the last guy who pissed him off. He went after Max because Max was a cocky rookie and gave him a baby shove after pwning the game.
Originally Posted by
I had to laugh reading the title of this thread!
On the contrary, the Habs management very much seems 'to get it', as evidenced by several off-season moves:
- The brought in Yemelin who could possibly be the best NHL rookie defenseman this year primarily because of his defense and toughness;
- White is graduating into a full-time role on 3rd/4th line (he had a crazy number of hits in his limited icetime last season, and clearly demonstrated his ability to stick up for a teammate...)
- Cole is a big bodied goal scorer who goes to the net...
- In case you havn't noticed, there is no place on a winning NHL roster for a goon - no thanks Mssrs. Winchester, Konopka, Carker, et.al...
- The Habs' 2011 draft picks were primarily big-bodies (6 out of 7 are listed at 6'1" or more) and other depth acquisitions made by Gauthier and staff (Blunden, Woywitka, Mitera, Willsie, Trotter, Berger), with few exceptions (Brodeur?)...
I havn't been as happy with my GM since the days of Mr. Pollock! Keep up the good work M. Gauthier...
(p.s. I suppose the whiners will always whine...)
Here's the quick hater response for you so that you don't have to bother skimming through the rest of the thread
Yemelin? He isn't proven! Our management couldn't know something we don't
White? He's a lower-middle weight ***** at best!
Cole? He doesn't fight <insert embarrassingly bad Cole fight video>
Konopka? But but but he played well for a team aiming to be in last place
Big bodies? None of those guys will ever make the NHL, Tinordi is a ***** who beats up on guys smaller than him and rarely wins a fight. Beaulieu? This isn't 2015 bro
That pretty much sums up all of their comments in response to your solid points.
PS: Hope to see more of you around here, we need more optimists to overshadow the pack of haters
View Public Profile
Visit neofury*'s homepage!
Find More Posts by neofury*