View Single Post
Old
08-23-2011, 03:06 PM
jkrx

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
I'm sure you're not the only one.

I mean, you're wrong. But you're not crazy wrong.

Rick Dipietro was a great junior goalie too. Some GMs might care about what these guys did as juniors, but I don't think most of us do.

Again, I don't feel like researching Mowers' junior career because I don't think junior careers matter, but Pelletier did say that Mowers was very impressive in the minors before coming to the NHL.

What year was this? Can you give a time frame please?

Also, this sounds impressive, but did he actually have to beat anyone out for the job? Who else did Sweden have in goal at the time? Holmqvist was out of the picture by then.

Do you have a list of all the games he was rested for? He missed 3 games according to my records. Again, the 1980 Olympics is a nice feather in his cap, but still worth less than a playoff run in the pre-expansion era, I would have to think.

I could easily say that if it wasn't for World War 2, there is no doubt in my mind that we'd be discussing Johnny Mowers in the ATD. He was considered one of the "big 3" with Frank Brimsek and Turk Broda before all 3 went off to fight in the war. Unlike the other two, Mowers never recovered his form.
Yes, I should have included this. I simply forgot my arguments wasn't made to weaken your goalie against Lindbergh. My opinion of him being ranked higher should have been seperate for the rest of my arguments. I apologize.

jkrx is offline   Reply With Quote