View Single Post
Old
08-23-2011, 03:57 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
There lies the problem. Point per game is a pipe dream for most teams in the league ... 30g scorers are a rarity ... yet those are the facts that fans have stuck in their minds. Realistically a 60-70 pt guy who nets 25+ is an upper tier forward when he can do it consistently. AK is a viable option, but, not the flashy guy the fan base clamors for. I'd love it if Dallas was in shambles and let Benn go ... but that will not happen.
When you look at the very limited amount of those types of flashy offensive guys it makes you wonder what Weber is wanting to see Poile do. I wonder if his expectations are realistic (re-sign Suter and Rinne, trade for a guy like AK), if he's wanting ownership to start ponying up more cash to go after some free agents next season (Semin, Parise, Penner), or if he is of the same mind frame of some of the fan base in that he wants to see a proactive move in which we trade for a flashy, top six guy. If it's the first option I think we will safely retain all three. If it's the second option that's fine, but he and the other two will have to give a bit of a discount to keep the owners from losing money. If it's the third option then he would surely know it would take trading one of the big three, likely another roster player, perhaps a prospect, and picks. That's a lot to give up. It could be worth it if that deal even exists.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote