View Single Post
Old
08-24-2011, 12:09 AM
Dr Van Nostrand
Banned

vCash: 500
After reading your success, I decided to boil some water and mix in non-ammonia based soap and a small amount of bleach. I think the exact amounts were 2 quarts (1/2 gallon) of boiled water, a 1/2 second squirt of dish soap, and 1/2 tsp of bleach. I sprayed it on after the water cooled with a spray bottle and wiped the solution on all of my equipment with a sponge and then used 1 cup of cold water on each piece to dilute the solution. I then set it out to dry overnight and through some of the day. I used a slightly modified solution on the insides of my bag and dumped the water out (there are two holes for "airing things out" in each corner on the side and bottom). I sat it out to dry upside down on top of at least 3 towels. Tomorrow I plan on pouring more water on the equipment so there are no suds coming out during my next practice/game or (god forbid) diluted bleach going right onto my skin. I used some Pert on the insides of my helmet and rinsed that out at least 3 times. I'm rinsing it out 2 more times tomorrow. Thank god I had 2 days off between practices for the first time in three weeks lol.

Apparently my pants are supposed to be light blue?

Dr Van Nostrand is offline   Reply With Quote