View Single Post
Old
08-24-2011, 02:45 PM
TMI
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
My problem with this whole scenario is we have posters who act like we MUST get a guy in the Semin/Parise scoring range and that Poile would be able to do it if he wasnt such a lazy/cowardly dipwad

then we have discussions about adding a guys with potential to be big scorers, like AK

well, which do we actually need?? we have lots of guys with potential, including our newest addition, Bergfors.

so if you are talking about adding a guy like AK, you're talking adding some scoring depth, not a huge dump of additional offense.

will adding scoring depth get us to the next level? and as importantly, will it appease the almighty Weber?

or do we have to shoot for the moon and try to land Parise/Semin/whoever??
Speaking for myself here, any mention of wanting a top end forward in a trade was based around having to trade away one of Weber/Suter/Rinne. I'm with SLake in thinking that we aren't far off from strengthening our already effective score-by-committee attack (5-on-5). What I'd like to see if a player who can be used as a bottom six player, but also can help our power play. I HOPE Bergfors is that player. He can essentially be the Cody Franson of our forward corps. He can play protected even strength minutes, but then he can be put out on the powerplay in order to give us that extra weapon. I hope that's how it works, and I assume that is also Poile's hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Wilson + Ellis for Little + Stuart

Stuart is a good 5-6 stay at home D who is very physical. We then wouldn't have to use more than one prospect (Josi/Ekholm).
I think I'd do that trade. I really want to see what Ellis can do in the AHL and NHL, and I think that Wilson will progress this year. However, Little is more likely to come in and contribute now than Wilson is, and Ellis still has a lot of questions that will soon be answered.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote