View Single Post
Old
08-24-2011, 04:47 PM
hlrsr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I define a ringer as a guy who can take over and change the game at will. If I drop down to beginner league, I'll probably score 5-10 goals a game. That's what a ringer does. I've played with guys who just decide they want to score a goal and do it. They also seem to "accidentally" score goals even if they're trying to keep the scoring down to avoid being flagged.
In that case... this just doesn't happen very often. I've been playing beer league for 5 years now and that's happened maybe 3 times. One time the guy would just take the puck behind his net, skate it all the way over the blueline, slapshot, goal. And he kept on doing it. It was one of the dumbest games I've ever played in.

If a team brings one guy like this out every so often and he doesn't play in a higher division in the same league then there really isn't anything stopping them. If he comes out consistently and props the team up then they'll get moved up as necessary.

Fortunately, most good players tend to not ring for a lower division game and essentially ruin it for everyone.

hlrsr is offline   Reply With Quote