View Single Post
Old
08-24-2011, 05:55 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
For all those that claim it's difficult to find modern Fergusons & Nilans, you really don't get it.

It's difficult only for teams that are not looking for that sort of player. Why is it not difficult for the Bruins, the Ducks & the Flyers to get that kind of player? Every year they seem to have two or three that can play that game. Dammit the Bruins have Thornton, McQuaid, Lucic, Campbell, Boychek & Chara. That's six players and the you're telling me the Habs can't get one! And I'm not talking about fighters. I'm talking about pain in the a$$ players.

If a team is not primed to look for such a player, they won't find him and if they do find him by accident they would not know how to develop him. That's another thing. You need to get the player and you need to train the player to play that game.

Many of you guys called Pouliot a soft player. I want to see what the BRuins do with him this year. If He turns his game around and plays Bruins hockey - hard nosed, physical, gritty hockey - then that tells me the hardnosed physical hockey player is not hard to find if you know how to develop him.

The Habs are not alone. There are many teams that do not look for and don't know how to develop that sort of player.
we dont get it cause you put guys like Campbell, Ference, Boychuck or McQuade in the same category as Nilan and Ferguson...

reality is, while Ferguson was a tough SOB he was also a 50 pts player - something that wond be achieved by all the players I named -> combined...

and while Nilan was no Gretzky or Lemieux he was good enough to play on the best shutdown line of his era while being the (one of) best fighters in the league - wich is, AGAIN, something none of the players I named (taken from your list) will be capable of... In fact, most of those players dont have enough skills to do one of the two (shutdown or fight like the best)...

so yeah we dont get it, we'll probably get it once we start doing like you and "downgrade" Ferguson or Nilan to older version of Campbell or Thornton...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote