View Single Post
Old
08-24-2011, 06:07 PM
Talks to Goalposts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I've yet to see a player make nicer passes in a 2 on 1 than Plekanec (on our team)

Pacioretty has actually shown flashes of genius in that regard surprisingly, sometimes I'd do a double take. If he can keep improving we'll be set for our top 6. The kid can at times be a very underrated passer. I rarely see it mentioned on here.

Also since the shootout I've yet to see one of our players be better on the shootout than Koivu. I eagerly await the day we do. Not that SO is that important but it's cool to have a Koivu in the mix.
Strong passing has always been an element to Pacioretty's game, which is why he had a very good year as a 19 year old in the AHL despite low goal totals. His breakthrough this year was that he started to really use the pretty good shot tool he had combined with the physical development to play the power game against men is what put everything together for him. In the future I think he'll end up being a bit more of a playmaker than scorer on ES but be mostly a goal scorer on the powerplay as the primary net presence.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote