Thread: OT: Technical Questions
View Single Post
Old
08-24-2011, 07:40 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Not true. I checked future shop and bestbuy and like you, nearest 25 stores were sold out. I tried out online buying on future shop and bestbuy and to no avail. So...I looked at 32GB version, same issue...except, at bestbuy it was available online on backorder. Snagged me one. Luckily, I made it just in time because now it's showing:

Order Online:
Not available online

LMAO, as a follow up to this message, I got this e-mail from bestbuy:

Quote:
Dear Antonio,

We wanted to connect with you immediately with respect to your recent visit to BestBuy.ca where you ordered the HP 32GB TouchPad with Wi-Fi. Being upfront and direct with our customers is important to us. Recently, an error within our online system was made, and as a result of the overwhelming volume of orders placed, we were unable to fulfill your request due to a lack of inventory and have cancelled your order. We wish to assure you that your credit card will not be billed for this amount whatsoever. We appreciate this is likely disappointing news and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

In addition, we wish to make clear that we will not be receiving any new inventory of this product, however should we receive any occasional customer returns, you may see available stock in certain stores. For more information about the HP TouchPad, please click here.

As explained in our Web Site User Agreement, BestBuy.ca strives to provide the most accurate and up-to-date information possible each day. However, as maintenance of our website is a human process, errors do occur upon occasion. Our online retail teams are busy reviewing this particular issue to learn from it and ensure we can make your online shopping experience even better next time. If you have any further questions we would direct you to our current FAQ information as posted on our website here.

Again, we regret the inconvenience and hope you’ll give us another opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

Sincerely,

BestBuy.ca

I didn't really need it, so no loss. Makes me laugh. So close.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote