View Single Post
Old
10-23-2003, 02:39 PM
MeisterBruinmaker

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to MeisterBruinmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye
Not sure what kind of trade would make sense to get him given what is going on in Atlanta this season. But putting that aside for a minute, is there any interest in a player like Patrick Stefan as a 2nd line center? Is he Stumpel Pt II? I would have to guess that the trade value for him is fairly low, except of course that they really can't deal centers right now.
Good question. Yeah, the timing is not right with the Bruins winning and all, but when you think of the potential mass exodus at season's end with the Bruins pending UFA's, it's not a bad idea to think long term. Stefan has great #2 center potential. I think he goes on the list with Connolly, Comrie and Vasicek, young centers who have yet to reach their vast potential.

Last season, Stefan had made enormous progress. I haven't seen him play this season, but if he's been able to continue where he left off, then Hartley should have the 1-2 punch he desires in Savard-Stefan. All in all, from what I've read, he's still valuable to the Thrashers. Unless they had a replacement it would be a hard to consummate a deal. I think he's a good target though -- big guy who can power with his skating, very good passer, willing to go to the net -- great attributes for a #2 Center. Of course, Bergeron has great attributes too...