View Single Post
08-24-2011, 11:07 PM
Jimmy Carter
Avs/Leafs fan
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by noobman View Post
What I've done in the past is tied up the stick and spun around so that I was facing the same direction as him (effectively shielding the puck with my body) before either kicking the puck to whomever I wanted to give it to or trying to free up my stick and dish the puck to someone that way.

I don't really play center (although on a draw toss out and the PK I was the faceoff guy when I used to play league hockey) but I was ok faceoffs. I'm really just more interested in the full-blown bodycheck off the draw. Surely there's someone other than Lindros who could pull it off, and surely if the hit is delivered cleanly it shouldn't be a penalty call.

It was hard to do, but I found a clip here: (not embedded so it flips straight to the clip). Lindros throws the hit off the draw and the referee seems to hesitate a little bit before putting his hand up in the air. Looking at that hit, I suppose it's a *bit* of a cross-check... but something like that was fine and dandy in the 90s. Beyond that it's a good hit imo. He makes contact and absolutely bowls the guy over. No facewash, no headshot, nothing.
Off topic, but I hadn't watched Lindros clips in a while... nothing is scarier than a guy who can manhandle Scott Stevens

Jimmy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote