View Single Post
Old
08-25-2011, 07:53 AM
TheGOAT
Rookie User

vCash: 500
You are kidding right? Did you just say Hartnell deserves a spot on a top line? You have lost your mind buddy. All of the players you have mentioned earlier were made better by playing on lines whether it was just on the powerplay or regularly, with Mike Richards, and Jeff Carter. Now that they are gone, there is no centerpiece. O sorry thats right, you have Bryz and Wayne simmonds now oooooooo. It's very simple... You traded your captain and a top points producer in Jeff Carter, and acquired guys that have far less talent in Simmonds, Talbot, and Jagomir Jarg. Bryz was a good pickup, but I dont see how the team maintains chemistry from last season based on the fact that two of their top guys including their captain are gone. And to make things even better you brought a total enigma, nutcase in Jagr into the locker room. That guy is like a cancer. Therefore I say, you have no true players up front that have proven they can carry the team, but a damn good goalie. That, in the long run doesnt get you very much. I have nothing agianst the flyers, but getting Jagr showed just how stupid their ownership/gm is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
I feel a bit dirty doing this since Philly's my team's biggest hated rival, but are you nuts?

Giroux, Hartnell and Briere are legitimate top line players, JVR is on the cusp of breaking out as one, and Voracek is similarly on the cusp of joining the former three. Add in a guy like Wayne Simmonds who can play a powerforward game and chip in near 20 goals, and potentially Brayden Schenn, and that's hardly "all roleplayers". I mean, the fact you didn't even list Giroux when talking about who they have with talent suggests you should probably watch a few more Flyer games. The guy is a stud.

On defense, they have arguably the best group in the entire league. If you don't believe Pronger, Timonen, Carle, Coburn, and Meszaros are an elite top five, then I don't know what to tell you.

Throw in the fact they now have a legitimate #1 goalie in Bryzgalov, and I don't think it's a stretch to say they'll be battling for the division title this year. And that's coming from a Penguins fan who is supposed to hate everything in black and orange.

TheGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote