View Single Post
Old
08-25-2011, 09:18 AM
otto bond

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Oh yah I saw that episode...the difference is though, that even if you make the elbow pads softer...your actual limb is not an empty bottle of bear, it still has significant weight can give a hell of blow. Look at soccer, people get concussions when their heads come into impact with other player limbs...changing the player equipment only mitigates the effect slightly and doesn't aim at removing the cause of them in the first place.

We can beat around the bush all we want, but something needs to be done with headshots...and screw this stupid notion of the"integrity of the game"...no body wants more crap like Crosby, Savard etc.
No no, I agree with you. I just adding that equipment could be better.
Now days, guys go into corners full speed and without fear cause they have armor like padding. It use to hurt a bit giving a body check but now its mostly hurt wen on the receiving end.
Also, Crosby first hit was an incident and a accident. The real guilty party here is Sidney himself and the Pens. After that 1st hit, he should have been check and taking out and make sure he wasn't concuss. Then the Hedman hit never happens.