View Single Post
Old
08-25-2011, 09:23 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Oh, I certainly am. Enforcers are patently useless and hurt their team because they're crappy hockey players. The idea that fighting prevents or deters anything is a complete myth; it is purely an entertaining (and dangerous!) sideshow. Hiring an enforcer would be, at best, a waste of cap space on a player that'll spend the season in the pressbox.
I'm not sure if this used to be the case but in the league that we're in right now, I'd have to agree with this. I don't see how a pure goon can really benefit us or anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
I applaud PG for what he's done on the subject -- it hints that Habs management does, in fact, "get it".
I don't see how he's demonstrated this yet. Adding Cole would've been nice if he was about a decade younger, but adding him now doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Yeah, he'll help change the identity of the team somewhat, but he's old and his best years are probably behind him. We need to invest in younger forwards (specifically bigger/tougher forwards) like MaxPac with the potential to be more well balanced forwards in the future. If say Emelin becomes another tough d-man, that will help for sure but that's not PG's doing and he's also not playing up front.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
that day, you'll see a thread complaining we dont have enough skills in the line-up
If they neglect skill for size, sure you will. It's about balance.

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 08-25-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote