View Single Post
Old
08-25-2011, 11:04 AM
BobRouse

vCash: 500
As the season approaches more and more and I think about the lineup the Caps are fielding its seems to me that in a salary cap league they are absolutely stacked.

The addition of veterans is crucial and BB said he is going to more of a hybrid style and is going to up the offense which hopefully means they move away from the trap. If they move away from the trap the production of all their top players will increase.

our 3rd and 4th lines are vastly improved from last year. Full year of Wideman and Green along with more experience from Alzner/Carlson should be huge. Hamrlik is better than Schultz for Green's partner.

What I'd like to see?

Far more physical play across the entire lineup. We got rid of some softies (Gordon, Steckel, Flash, etc) and seem to have replaced them with more physical players (Sjogren, Halpern, Brouwer). Hopefully this will pay dividends.

We can play more up tempo and take more chances this year anyhow with Vokoun one would think. A vet goalie who you don't need to protect or shield.

I see nothing short of the President's trophy and I have to think they will be the team to beat in the East this year. The only position they don't have astonishing depth is at Center and thats not even terrible b/c the guys they have are good.

I'm really liking their chances and i suspect Boudreau hate will diminish this year.

The team also seems to be more serious about their offseason training and hopefully less optional practices.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote