Thread: RIP Joey Vento
View Single Post
Old
08-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
That is an isolated case where the server did okay by politely working with a person... I personally try to communicate in the language of the establishment when possible... In that case I would not feel my rights were being denied either.

Back to Geno's... Joey has made no attempt to hide his views on people coming into 'our' country and taking taxpayer dollars away from taxpayers... he has paid for radio time to tell people what he felt was right... it was a totally different circumstance. My point was that I have never been treated with disrespect abroad and I hate to see it in America.

Had Geno's turned people away due to merely a lack of communication I would be disappointed in their not being smarter and more caring but would not be repulsed... but that sign was a slap in the face.

To me depriving people their civil rights does not only go as far as skin color.
While I think the policy was pure d-baggery, it is fascinating that you focus on the supposed rights of the customers and ignore the rights of a private business owner. What is even more confusing is your conflation of the policy on site with freedom of speech rights in this country.

Their rule was speak English... plenty of businesses have rules that determine whether or not they are going to provide you service. Now, whether that is a good thing or not is definitely debatable... but there's also a reason that libertarian political beliefs lead to the desire to abolish the Civil Rights Act.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote