View Single Post
Old
08-25-2011, 03:53 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
So another attempt of getting those most vocal about Poile's supposed follies this season to actually name some players that they would like to have goes ignored. Doug, I did see where you said that there were seven or eight guys you would have liked to see come here, but how many of those guys were RFAs? I know we aren't competing with every team for every player, but to assume we are only competing with half of the league I think is a bit off base. Even teams up against the cap can make moves to clear space in order to bring in players the want. Look at Buffalo and Erhoff. Again, this isn't my attempt at letting Poile off of the hook for anything that may be his fault, but rather than blaming him for things that may very well not be his fault I would rather have a conversation about hypotheticals. This is a discussion board after all. It is easier to discuss things that we assume are or are not happening. It is much more difficult and interesting to put together a reasonable argument for why we could have had player X or why we can trade for player Y. I suppose I am in the minority in that thinking.
Here is a list of players in my mind.

1. Seto
2. Little
3. Cole
4. Boyes
5. Malone
6. Jussi Jokinen
7. Kostitsyn
8. Bailey
9. Parise (pipe dream)
10. Evander Kane (pipe dream)

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote