View Single Post
Old
08-25-2011, 03:07 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I think whats being lost on many here is the fact that we are NOT desperate.

We are not a team that was not already a playoff team and needs a huge overhaul(St Louis, Minnesota).

We are not a team team about to lose their fanbase if they dont show some improvement after years of suckage(Columbus)

We are a second round team that is arguably already better than they were last year(replacing old and busted with young and improving), who needs at most one or two more pieces to be right there with perennial powerhouses.

We as a fanbase are desperate to see us make it to the next level, ut that doesnt mean the upgrade has to happen right now.

So Im going to wait and see how things go. there are several possibilities:

1. this team outperforms and excels even without adding another piece early on. that sets up for a trade deadline acquisition that would be in the Forsberg mode.

2. the team struggles massively to the extent that even a big trade wont save the season. that sets us up to be sellers at the deadline.

3. this team is a borderline playoff team and never falls out but never gets much higher than 6th or 7th. that is the scenario for a midseason trade.

Its also possible that a player becomes available between now and the start of the season who is a good fit at a reasonable price.

the only situation which will be really maddening is if we are clearly just a borderline team and poile still does nothing...
I guess my issue is more I am tired of starting the season as a borderline team and this year we have the space to start contending for the division title now. Why not do it? We have the assets.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote