View Single Post
Old
08-25-2011, 08:30 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Out of all of these names I think the most likely ones that we can get are Bailey, Boyes, and maybe Malone. Bailey is probably the only one we could get before the season starts or gets too far along. AK won't be available for trade unless he either demands a trade or the Canadiens just flat out suck somehow. Cole, Malone, Jokinen, and maybe Setoguchi are guys we could look at getting at the deadline. All of that obviously depends on their respective teams, and how those teams are performing. I don't see Winnipeg moving either of those guys regardless of their rank in February. I think those guys are going to try to hang on to their young, talented guys until they see how difficult free agency is going to be for them. Between money and it being a new franchise in a less than desirable location they could have a tough time signing new guys.
I actually was using that list in context of the WHOLE summer not for today. Some of those guys were free agents I thought we had a shot at, that is why I included them.

I think an AK deal or Malone or Little are doable. It may cost Ellis or Wilson but they are doable in my book. Little is my ideal fit, closely followed by AK. AK is a shooter and Little is a passer. Both would help relieve legwand of all the responsibility to play defense and create offense. The price would be high but it would be worth it at this point. We can't risk losing the big three and I think winning is our only option here.

Final thought: I don't want to put players in positions they aren't ready for and or talented enough for. Spaling, God bless him, is not a top 6 in the NHL. Could he be good? Absolutely, but right now this team needs to be winning not content with putting guys in positions they aren't suited for.

Last edited by Roman Yoshi: 08-25-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote