View Single Post
Old
08-25-2011, 09:36 PM
Wease

vCash: 500
I'll be 38 this year and the only thing I really notice is that I get kind of stiff after I play. Maybe I don't stretch enough after or it's just age starting to catch up with me. I normally play against guys 15-20 years younger than me in a pretty decent league, so I can hold my own. I've been playing since I was 16, pretty much all year round. Took a few years off back in the early 2000's and (this was documented in another thread on here) managed to lose 90 pounds in the past 3+ years.

I've only ever had two "major" injuries that kept me from playing and they both occurred in the last 3 years. One was a hip flexor and the other was a slap shot to the ankle. Couldn't do much about the second one.

I'm absolutely dreading the day I just can't play anymore. I love it that much. I even hate the thought of not being able to compete at the level I do now. I just try to eat well, don't drink (just have never been that into it), and hit the gym 5 days a week in addition to playing to keep in shape.

Wease is offline   Reply With Quote