View Single Post
Old
08-26-2011, 08:32 AM
txpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
I have my doubts about Vokoun too but Neuvirth last year was a highly unknown quantity. In addition he was young and a team has to protect its future by shielding a young goalies psyche. They don't have to worry about that with Vokoun. And he has played on the international stage and played well. He doesn't have much playoff experience but Nashville was undermanned and didnt they play detroit both times? Maybe not but still his sv pct was good.

Now that he is on the team I like Vokoun more. Probably biased here..
I think it would be a mistake to fail to recognize that Vokoun is going to be carrying a huge pressure load even in the regular season. By playoffs its going to be unreal.
You have the huge playoff monkey that every Cap will have to carry with the pressure Vokoun will carry because this may be his only chance.

I wonder how Boudreau and McPhee will be destroyed around here if Vokoun gives up a critical soft goal in the playoffs.

Quote:
Thats where a lot more vet presence should help. No rookies (well Sjogren but he played in the SEL and is older) on the team this year unlike last year as well. So glad Halpern is back..
I am very glad that Halpern is back. Frankly, I am fairly convinced that he is once again the actual Captain of the hockey team.

Quote:
I forsee all that happening. All the young guns will have markedly improved seasons IMO

It wouldn't shock me if they broke 120pts at this point..based on what I see on paper.
we will see. i failed to mention in the previous post that i think the league has fundementally changed how it defends a team like the Capitals. i think you will find that Tampa Bay has some real scoring issues this season and Stamkos may not see 40 goals. If this is the case, the Caps run and gun days are done and they will need to find another way to get the puck in the net more often.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote