View Single Post
Old
08-26-2011, 10:53 AM
MathMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
I don't like their secondary scoring. I find their goaltending suspect, and Roloson is the oldest starter in the league.
The thing about Tampa is that they were a dominant puck possession club that was hamstrung by absolutely horrible goaltending. We're talking below .890. You can call up a guy from the AHL and expect better than this. It's pretty much the only reason they didn't win the East.

That makes them a strong 5-on-5 club with excellent special teams -- Tampa is a very good team. In fact they're a lot like the Habs, except that instead of being unable to buy a goal, they were unable to buy a save.

They don't need Roloson to be a world-beater. Heck, they don't particularly need their starter to be Roloson. If they can get even average goaltending, Tampa is going to be a top club. Unfortunately for them, Washington added a top goalie, so they're probably second-best in that division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I've said it from the beginning when you throw in the Bryzgalov signing they're a better team.
They threw away their two tough-minutes centers and replaced them with worse player that they hope will become better someday, and Bryzgalov isn't going to give them better goaltending than Bobrovsky gave them last year. There's no way they're a better club than last year.

Last edited by Mike8: 08-26-2011 at 11:22 AM. Reason: merge
MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote