Thread: Speculation: I'm confused.
View Single Post
Old
08-26-2011, 10:23 AM
txpd

vCash: 500
my perspective is that it has very little to do with the lightning and more to do with the capitals. tampa bay succeded in forcing the issue with the capitals last season in the regular season. i expect that will continue this season. that said, washington had two rookie centers, a shut down defense pair of 2 rookie defensemen, and 3 rookie goalies. that and every one of their top 5 offensive players had off seasons to significantly off seasons.

i think there are few that would predict that ovechkin, backstrom, semin and green are all going to continue to regress while the rookies all regress in their second seasons.

as many have pointed out, the regular season and the playoffs are two different things. the capitals have finished in the east 2nd, 1st and 1st in the past three seasons and the consensus is that they are a better team this season. to lose to them in the regular season is no shock for anyone. its in the playoffs where the real questions are anyway. there the lightning already have an advantage.