View Single Post
Old
08-26-2011, 10:37 AM
Propane Nightmares
Only Entertainment

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
And there is too much time in the box as is right now, without extending penalty time.

The NHL is never going to be as high as the NFL or NBA in scoring. It is never going to be as low as soccer in scoring. So I'm not sure what the desperation to move it is.

If a fan stops watching hockey because they were bored by a 1-0 score, they likely werent going to buy much merchandise anyways.
This.

In my opinion the fact that they score every 10 seconds in basketball just takes all the excitement out of the game and eliminates the adrenalin rush when your team scores, I haven't watched a basketball game since back in the day when Michael Jordan played for the Bulls. And honestly I really don't understand how anyone can watch a live NFL game with commercials every 20 seconds, but that's probably because I'm so used to watching English soccer and rugby on TV where they don't show any commercials until half time.

Increasing scoring does not bring in more casual fans, in countries where soccer is the main sport people don't seem to care that half the games finish 0-0. I think Bettman and co. need to realise that a lot of people just don't think hockey is "for them" or have been brought up to love a certain sport that is prominent where they live.

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote